Why to play
|Minimum System Requirements:
Sign up and receive 20% up to $100 on your first deposit!
Bonus Terms and Conditions
You can now become an Empire Poker affiliate through Poker News and take advantage of all the great features this poker room offers to players.
– Affiliates can earn 25% rake back on all your raked hands.
– Refer your friends to Empire and make money from their play without you playing a single hand.
– Easily pay selected friends/referrals rake back, as much or as little as you want.
– Track each player through unique tracking codes.
This is an opportunity for every Poker News reader to become part of the multi-billion dollar online poker industry.
Note: Empire players cannot have Party Poker accounts and vice versa – unless they use different account name, email address and telephone number.
No current promotions this month.
On going promotions:
– 20% sign-up bonus on new players first deposit, up to a maximum of $100.
– Free WSOP 2005 Seats. There are three ways to win a free seat at this years WSOP on Empire. Loyal Empire players can get their seat through the VIP program. Become a Tournament Master by taking part in daily tournaments or regular players can qualify through a monthly freeroll.
– $200,000 Guaranteed. Every Sunday at 9pm, get your share of the $200,000 guaranteed prize fund on offer at Empire. Buy-in is $250+$20
– Daily $500 Freeroll. Four times a day, every day. Players who have played at least 50 raked hands can take part in the $500 freeroll.
– TV Star Tournament. Another great chance to get to this years WSOP. Qualification starts from $1.
– Brad Daugherty’s $5,000 Welcome FreeRoll. New players get the chance to play alongside poker legend, Brad Daugherty in a $5,000 freeroll event.
Poker Games Offered
Limits and Rake
|Limit||Number of players||Pot size||Rake|
The rake at this site is pretty stock standard. The used to offer better value for the lower limit games, but is now your standard 5 per cent capped at $3 for medium limit casino games in canada. For lower limit games a max of $1 for $1/$2 games and 50 cents for $0.5/$1 games is taken out of the pot. However, this is only taken if the pot reaches $20 and $5 respectively, which is not a bad deal. For higher limit games Empire Poker offers pretty good value with significantly less than 5 per cent taken out of each pot.
Visa; MasterCard; eChecks; FPS epassport; Global Calling Card; NETeller; FirePay; Citadel; Wire Transfer; Inter-Account Transfers.
Software and Extra Features
Running on the same platform as Party Poker, Empire have a good steady base for their poker room. There should be no problems with this ultra reliable software in any department.
VIP Rake Back. If you play a lot of online poker then you’ll know how expensive the rake can be over time, this is a superb idea by Empire and sure to attract many full and part time players. VIPs also get a free webpage if you wish to have one.
Player Notes. Keep track of any player you want with the player notes at Empire. An excellent way of recalling any one players style.
Stats. Easily available and easy to view, these stats are essential for any serious poker player.